Friday, February 6, 2009

Skype on Linux

I was using Skype on my mac because it had a microphone and cam built in but it was getting sort of anoying to be on my linux desktop and need to have my laptop to skype, so I broke down and got a logitech headset for use with Skype on Linux. Skype started like a champ. I added the skype repository to my apt-source in etc so I could just use apt-get to do the install and get updates.
My skype out call went pretty good except I noticed the mic volume was low. I thought it was Skype but it was a simple fix.
I opened gnome-volume-control from shell or double click the volume settings. That opens the control panel. On mine microphone was not on there. I had to go to preferences and add microphone and also add Mic Boost. Then I could adjust those just fine. Not a skype problem at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment