Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dashboards (CDF) with Pentaho

My first day trying to make a dashboard with Pentaho. There is a lot in this project and the documentation could certainly use some work, even from just navigating it. The IRC group ##pentaho has been extremely helpful in getting me started.
Before you start you need the Pentaho bi-suite installed and working. I'm using version 2 stable on Linux.
Then you download the CDF. That link goes to the wiki and has a link to the download. There are directions to use the installer, which is a jar file. Stop your server before you start this process.

I did the java -jar CDF.installer.jar and followed the directions.

When it asks for your solution directory, they mean pentaho-solution directory.

It says you finish and you restart the server. Then log in to localhost:8080 and you might see the CDF directory available in the browser on the left of you web browser window. I did not.

What I to do was go to the tools menu -> Refersh -> Refresh data sources.

Then everything showed up for me and I could run the examples.

Let me know if you start using CDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment