Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bionic vs iPhone 3gs Speedtest - Verizon vs ATT

The Bionic looks impressive so far. I got to speedtest one against my AT&T 3GS and I was shocked. To get right to it, Speedtest on the Bionic 7Meg download, AT&T iphone 3GS, only 3.4Meg. The Verizon network just killed AT&T. And it was off the same speedtest server. I tried the same test using my corporate wifi with my phone and did get 11meg. I just wanted to make sure the phone could go that fast.
That said, I watch Netflix on my phone at 3.4M, so what else do I need to do? I skype out and video chat all with good quality. My web pages and apps load fine, so how fast do I really need to go. Twice as fast sounds impressive, but the movie will play at the same speed. I'll be interested to watch and see what people really use that bandwidth for.

No comments:

Post a Comment