Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mac Battery - Replace Now - Then good??

After my upgrade to Snow leopard my battery suddenly died for good. Lots of suspicion on the internet about why that happens. I'm sure Apple didn't want to up the stock price or anything more accessory sales, but who knows. I needed a new battery so I braved the Mac Store at lunch time no less, stupid, but I did it. It was packed. The mall was empty, it was packed. I snagged a geek and in drive by, rude, interrupting question and found what I needed. Seamless check out from another geek and I was on my way. On the way out I realized they were actually having a camp for kids there, teaching kids to make videos. Who knew. I was just happy to escape in less than 20 mins. I get the battery home, swap out the old one and boot up. Then the anger sets in when its says replace now on my battery status. I finished the charge and still no luck. Before scheduling time with the geek I did a reboot, and it appears to be fully functional. Hopefully that continues to be the case. Many people online complained the new battery only lasted about a year. My first battery lasted 5 years, before snow leopard killed in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment