Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Upgrading Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04

I finally pressed the button. It kept calling to me day after day, upgrade available. Finally I pushed it. Everything was running great in 8.10, so I'm not sure what I really hoped to gain, but two things that I wanted were OpenOffice 3.0 and better dual monitor support. Things I could probably live with out, but I did it anyway.
It really did seem to go well. After the reboot the system came up, just like I expected and I was off and running. I quickly installed CouchDb using apt-get which I'm not sure was available in 8.10. It might be, but its not in 8.04. That's another story.
I went to use Skype today and no mic. ouch. I haven't found the fixes yet, but when I do, I'll try to post them here.
Other than that, seemed to be so painless, I hardly noticed the change.
If you read this, let me know your favorite features in 9.04.

No comments:

Post a Comment